My first try backing up, I'm pretty darn good at this! 
Here's how close I got after I finished backing up a bit more. Then I had to get up onto the yellow truckbed and shove the tank over to the trailer. It's time like these that I'm so glad that I weigh what I do, because I can just use my body against things to move them.

Here's a picture of our front gate -- remember a couple weeks ago I knocked it down? It's a huge gate! If you look for the green star, that's where the community well is at. It is 1/5th of a mile from the well to our underground tank. We are lucky to be so close to it.

Now I'm at the community well. The green hose is connected to the well where the arrow points, then I climb up onto the trailer, open the lid on top of the tank, poke it in, jump down and turn on the well.

Here's how the trailer looks when the tank is fully loaded. I noticed once the tank was full that the driver's side tire was a bit flat! At first, I always wanted to tank shoved forward as far as it would go, but then the trailer shifts its weight to the front of it, which means it puts all the weight on the back of my vehicle, then my vehicle is dragging way down. The tank should ride centered over the tires of the trailer for the best ride.
I managed to be a newbie at getting water... I haven't helped get water in a long time, maybe two years?! I unhooked the hose from the well, but I left the hose in the tank. When I lowered the hose to the ground to empty it... what do you think started happening? The water from the tank started siphoning out onto the ground!! I panicked for a moment, pressing my fingers tight around the hose, stopping the flow of water. "What do I do, what do I do?" I thought wildly. You have to understand, by now it's like 104°F and I'm dripping sweat, my face is red, all in the name of being neighborly, aghhhh!!! So then I remembered if I raise the hose end above the height of the other end, it will stop the siphoning thang. It worked!! I bet the people in the red truck behind me were laughing. Oh well, I've laughed my fair share at well newbies. ;-)

I took one load to our neighbor and he was very grateful to me for making the trip. He offered me bottled water, which I gratefully accepted, and thanked me over and over again. I don't think he wanted to put me out. The really cool thing is, I had never met him prior to last Monday. My dh wanted me to come with him, and bring LJ to pick up a few sheets of OSB. Dh wanted our neighbor to meet LJ, and wanted LJ to get to meet him and the guy's dogs. The neighbor has a young female pitbull with markings like LJ. So this way, when I showed up in a different vehicle with water, at least the guy knew who I was. I like when things happen that way. I like to think God was watching out for me in that little way. It sure made things a lot more comfortable for me, since I had met the guy already.
I called my dh and let him know I'd dropped the one load and he said I should go ahead and do a second one, since I was already out. So I went back over and his tank only took 200 gallons, so then I came home and dumped the rest into our underground tank.

Oh and I'm so excited. I figured out how to link the pictures that I uploaded to ImageShack without having to wait 15-20 seconds for each upload through Blogger. I just hope it works once I publish this post. More on that another time. And I love my new purple colors on my blog. I didn't know I liked purple so much, to be honest with you.
Until next time.
This post is part three of the Hauling Water series:
Water Hauling High Hopes Part 1 of 3
Water Hauling We Jes' Call That Bein' Neighborly Part 2 of 3
Water Hauling Loading the Water Tank Part 3 of 3


No comments:
Post a Comment