One more thing on this computer and then I'm off to clean the kitchen. Ds1 and I went to see Superman Returns. I left feeling depressed. As my MIL described it... it was quite a "dark" movie.
If you are planning to go see Superman Returns, you may not want to read any further, for I'm sure I will spoil it for you.
I was disappointed. How stupid can Lois Lane be? She's supposed to be this phenomenal reporter, an intelligent savvy woman, but Clark Kent AND Superman are gone for five years, they suddenly arrived back in town at the same time but she still doesn't GET that they are the same person? And what was with that description of Superman being 6'4" and weighing 125 pounds? Did I hear that wrong? A man of steel, weighing in at only 125? Sounds odd. But she described Clark as weighing around 200 pounds? So that makes him a fatso and no way possible for him to be Superman. Huh?
Also, Superman no longer stands for the "Truth, Justice and the American Way" but "Truth, Justice and All That Stuff". What's up with that?
Lois has a boyfriend that she's been living with all these years. He's obviously crazy about her. Thank goodness Lois did the "right thing" and didn't leap into Superman's arms. I know that people think that's just fine to do, you know "It's sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along" but what about the pain and agony you cause to the one you've been committed to all these years? Just like that, out the window. Why did they have to throw that wrench in there? Why couldn't Lois have just been alone, waiting for Superman to come back? Why did she have to be involved? Well, she wasn't married at least, right? So that's okay. She can ditch the guy asap. Way too much to say about this, so I won't.
And how could Superman keep on going when he had a sliver of kryptonite imbedded in his skin?
And if you really don't want to be disappointed, don't read any further.
I warned you.
Superman and Lois have a child together. Lois just figured it out when her son threw a baby grand piano at a bad guy trying to hurt his mommy.
I gotta get to the kitchen.
Until next time.
Monday, July 03, 2006
Superman Returns
Posted by RawMilkStar at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment