Saturday, December 23, 2006

18 Degrees

Brrrrrr... I had to go out in the cold this morning to throw hay. I put on a sweatshirt jacket with a hood, and secured the hood around my neck. Next I put on some thick gloves and finally my really warm jacket that a friend of mine gave me a couple of weeks ago. I was toasty warm except for my feet, which were sockless and I was wearing capri pants which left my ankles bare. I need to either find, or buy some more sweat pants. Ds1 is wearing my only pair of sweat pants as I type. I may have mentioned in prior posts that we have switched chore times around here. We used to do everything in the morning: throw hay, feed the chickens and turkeys, fill all water buckets, milk. Now we just throw hay. We do everything else in the afternoon, when it's not EIGHTEEN degrees out. Thing is, it really doesn't stay too cold for too long around here. I heard on the radio either yesterday, or the day before, that it was the shortest day of the year? So our days should begin to lengthen again and it will warm up. Most Christmases for all my life that I can remember, I barely needed a sweater to keep myself warm.

I wish I had more time and energy. I wanted to get my garden planted with more seeds, and have never gotten that done. Now today I want to get some housework done, but I'm growing more sleepy as I type. I think I will take a bit of a nap and then when I get up I can start working on something.

BTW, for the past two days, I have not been able to log in to Blogger using Internet Explorer. I use IE most of the time, but am trying to move over to using Firefox. I still find that there are browser conflicts with some sites with Firefox. At any rate, all I get is a blank page that keeps attempting to load when I try to log into Blogger. Blogger doesn't seem to listen to my pleas for help, so I'm not going to bother notifying them about this problem.

I am planning to make some kind of soup for dinner tonight. Probably some fresh bread from the breadmaker also. Too bad the bread will not be "NT-friendly" since there isn't enough time to soak the flour.

Until next time.

No comments: