Sunday, December 10, 2006

Peekaboo Posts

I am testing out my newest hack from Hackosphere, Peekaboo Posts. This is where you have a summary of your post, and allow your readers...

...to read the rest of the post once they click on Display Entire Post. Neat! The only drawback I can think of is it will no longer be possible for me to print out my blog pages for hard copy archiving, since many of the posts will be in summary form to allow my readers to continue reading if they have interest in what I'm talking about, or not. I don't think I'll use it with EVERY post. [Update: Although I could go through the whole page, click Display Entire Post on every post and then print out, so it is still workable.]

Update: 8:47pm. There is actually another drawback, which is very disturbing to me. When using Internet Explorer, the title and labels disappear unless I move my mouse over where the links should be. I have written to the Hackosphere guy, to see if he has any suggestions. I am trying to be patient, but I hate SOOOO much that this is happening that I just want to upload my previous saved version of my template and be done with it and phooey with hacks!

I am going to leave my blog in place as is, though, at least for a day or two, to give him a chance to respond. Hi Mr. Hackosphere! If you are visiting my site, I hope you have some suggestions for what I might have done wrong.

Until next time.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

you rock!

since I was FINALLY invited to join beta (and realized that I couldn't since I belonged to a group with over 1000 posts... but got out of that), I'm hoping to be able to use this (and the drop down labels thing) soon!

I especially like the drop-down labels since I've been rather stingy with my labels for the reason you mentioned (taking up so much in the sidebar). But now.... ;)

Thank you for being my brain!