FlyLady has something she does on Sundays called "The Weekly Home Blessing Hour". You are supposed to set your timer for ten minutes and do each of seven things. Vacuum, Dust, Mop, Polish Mirrors and Doors, Purge magazines, Change Sheets, Empty all trash. Okay so since we are just starting, we have to just follow along instead of trying to catch up. We omitted dusting, purging magazines and changing sheets. Ds2 and I tackled tonight's event together. The living room floor was a mess - the cats have been tearing up a roll of paper towels for the past few days... so you can imagine... We set the timer for 10 minutes and both worked together on the living room. Next we set the timer for 5 minutes and ds2 washed the boys' bathroom mirror and the boys' bathroom door and I tackled ds2's bedroom door. Then we tackled ds1's bedroom door together. Next we set the timer for 10 minutes and tackled separate jobs. Ds2 vacuumed the living room and the area between the boys' bedrooms and the boys' bathroom, while I swept and mopped the kitchen.
Then one of our neighbors called to say they made some food and wanted to bring some over for us. They butcher and roast pig for every holiday that they can, it seems. :-) They brought over some roasted pork, homemade salsa, two tiny limes and some corn tortillas. I drove out to the front gate to get the goodies and was standing there appreciating the coolness in my short sleeved shirt. Since we'd been working steadily for some time in the warm house, I was sweating. It felt so good out there, but when the neighbors showed up they had on knit hats, mittens and jackets. Heehee. They probably wondered if I was a bit nuts. When the wife called, the vacuum was going and I couldn't hear her very well, so she probably wondered what was going on, lol.
When I got back in, ds2 had finished vacuuming and was on his laptop. The last thing we'd agreed to do together was take out the garbage. There were only two cans to empty, so I just did it myself. I also folded most of my laundry, but haven't put it away yet.
Then I washed some more dishes, put the night's milk in the freezer, and washed some more milk jars. I decided that I'd worked enough and forced myself to stop.
I don't want to burn myself out. We put a ham in the oven about 3pm. It has to cook for six hours. We just put potatoes in the oven at 7:30pm so the ham and potatoes should be done at the same time. Now I just need to make one more thing, a vegetable and then we're set.
I am already feeling tired, but am trying to stay awake to see the New Year in.
Until next time.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
More FlyLady Stuff - Enough Already
Labels: Burst of Energy, FlyLady, Holiday Banter
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment