I'm not fooling myself into thinking this FlyLady thing is working. I know it has to do with my cycle. Typical "burst of energy" which comes every few months (rather than monthly like it used to when I was younger). But I can hope that I can cajole myself into doing one little project. Yesterday was a big project -- changing out the sink faucet. Today I decided I'm going to clean up the kitchen, and one more little project every day (or even every few days). Today my extra little project was to clean the window over the sink. Ds2 cleaned some of this area a few weeks ago, but it had been splashed and dirtied, and was covered with cobwebs again.
The window sill was disgusting. I tried to take a picture and it's probably best that I couldn't manage it. I took off the curtain and it's in the washing machine as I type. I am going to see if I can get a matching curtain to put in front of the sink to cover the pipes below. The one that goes in the window will fit the bottom part just perfectly, but I'll have to hem it up just a couple of inches. I have seen that in people's kitchens before and so I think that will work just fine to not have cabinet doors there. Ds2 thinks the cats will scratch it, but we'll just have to see if it will work out or not.
This is kind of fun posting my success.
Now to work on whipping the kitchen into shape. I wonder how long that will take if I really focus on it. I also need to give some attention to the refrigerators and "dump anything dead" and wipe up any spills. As far as I can see, the refrigerators still look fine, but I'm going to give them a look-see, just in case. That's one of my problems, is seeing a little bit of a problem and thinking it's not worth the 10 seconds to clean it up, I'll wait until it gets worse. Problem is then I wait until it's so much worse that it takes hours to get it cleaned up again.
I did sit for half an hour and watch an episode of Twilight Zone "Dead Man's Shoes". For all the years I've watched TZ, I am just amazed that it was one I'd never seen before.
The picture above was taken later in the day. I scrubbed and scrubbed on the window sill - until I was removing paint even, but I could not remove the dirt and grime embedded in the little cracks and crevices. So I decided to paint the window sill with the green "oops" paint we got from Home Depot a few weeks ago (5 gallons for $15). It could be construed as light turquoise... I just don't know if I like the green color there... it is the only paint I had on hand, so I thought it would look nice. Maybe I can find some material to match for making curtains and the curtain for in front. The curtains there now definitely do not go with the green paint, actually looks pretty gross.
Until next time.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Cleaned The Window Over The Kitchen Sink
Labels: Burst of Energy, FlyLady
Posted by RawMilkStar at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment