Saturday, March 24, 2007

The End is Near

Dh will be home in less than 48 hours! We are working like ants trying to get things completed.

I have been so busy for days, no time to blog. Last night I sewed curtains to cover the pantry area, the curtain I've been meaning to finish for the kitchen under the sink area, and I made slipcovers for three Christmas themed pillows that I've had for several years. Got them from Target on a 90% off sale, I think I paid $0.75 for each one. Now they finally can be put to good use all year long, thanks to my wonderful, wonderful sewing machine that I dearly love!!! THANK YOU MOM!! (She not only bought it for me, but paid to have it cleaned!) OH, by the way, the slipcovers were made from the living room curtain material, so the pillows on the couch match the curtains.





Yesterday I found another twin bed for $50.00. This one is to go in dh and my room, since our puppy has grown to be such a large dog, we are giving him his own bed. (That's only so we can sleep in our own bed together, lol!). I know, I know!! We are some of those weird dog people now.

Here's the list of things I want to do between today and tomorrow:

  • Remove kitchen cobwebs (Yay for Webster!)

  • Clean living room fan blades and glass covers

  • Bring dh's new dresser in, place dh's clothing in the dresser

  • Replace the screen on the front door screen

  • Move brown dresser into ds2's room and his dresser back into master bedroom

  • Replace the kitchen drawer pulls (can't remember where I put them for safekeeping!)

  • Clean master bedroom; remove cupboards and chair
    (only halfway done on the master bedroom cleaning)

  • Bring twin bed in and set it up

  • Make sure coffee maker works and install under kitchen cupboard

  • Hang Christmas lights and decorations

  • Wash living room windows on the outside

  • Clean vehicle out, inside and out

  • Sweep and mop kitchen floor

  • Clean all three refrigerators; Old Fridge, New Fridge, Dairy Fridge

  • Clean main bathroom shower and tidy up the rest of the room

  • Hang shower curtain in main bathroom

  • Clean master bathroom

  • And last but not least... clean the carpet? Yeah.

Blue - Completed by 6:12pm Saturday
Orange - Completed by 8:31pm Saturday
Green - Completed by 4:00pm Sunday

But I'd better get off the computer so I can get started. I'm milking in the morning now. It rained hard on Thursday and continued to rain into the night so I didn't milk. The girls had to wait 36 hours. I also stabbed my foot on the pitchfork this morning. AND I had my tennis shoes on, but the pitchfork tine stabbed through the meshing on my tennis shoes.



I soaked my foot in hot water with epsom salts and tea tree oil for about half an hour. I didn't even realize I was injured for about ten minutes. My foot kept ACHING and ACHING. But I kept on doing chores and finally it occurred to me to wonder if my foot was bleeding. I sat down to check and there was a two inch wide round circle of blood stained on my sock. I went in the house, put some tea tree oil on the wound and a bandage and changed my sock. Finished with chores and while I was filling the chicken water buckets I stepped on one, tipping the water INTO my shoe. The shoe with the injured foot, mind you! So I came in soon after and did the foot soaking.

Now to find something to eat. My first goal is to tackle the master bedroom.

Until next time. Or shall I say, until later.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

First of all, OW! I hope it's feeling better after soaking.

And secondly, WOW! It's amazing what all you've done and DH will be so impressed! :)

Can't wait to hear the stories of when he's back!