I continued on working throughout the day. I did lie down for an hour and tried to nap, but my sinuses are so thoroughly clogged (I wore a quality brand name dust mask when I was messing around in the dusty shed) that I had to lay there gasping with my mouth open. I have a very hard time sleeping with my mouth open, so I didn't really sleep all that much. My sinuses are still clogged... I wonder if I have any hydrogen pyroxide... I read about something on the Internet about putting hydrogen pyroxide in the ears to help with illness. I took one dose of grapefruit seed extract, I should take more of that tonight. I have to do something to try to get my sinuses to clear or I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.
Let's see, here's what I accomplished. I restraightened the living room, and vacuumed one area. I took the blades off the dining room ceiling fan and washed them in the sink, then washed the entire fan (it had fly poop spots all over it and was just grungy and covered with chunks of dust). Having the stepladder in the house is coming in handy. I still need to clean the living room fan. I'm not following FlyLady at all, but I want to! I just have been needing to focus my energy on specific areas in the house in order to be ready in time.
I also tackled my bedroom, just one small area, about 10 feet by 4 feet. But I got it all picked up and vacuumed. Ds1 and I did the Sunday "room blessing" we started doing on his room ever since we got it cleaned up. I did give him the chair I bought the other day, he was happy about that. I washed his bedding and clothes, and I washed my bedding and two loads of my clothes and laundry.
I think that is it. That kept me busy for HOURS. Ds2 relayed to dh by phone that all I do is sleep. Hmph. Even though I know it was said for the effect of detering dh from thinking we are cleaning (we are SUCH slobs here!! Just take a look at that living room before picture, geez!!!! Talk about CHAOS [FlyLady's acronym for Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome]) it still got on my nerves a little bit, since I have being going without naps and enough sleep just to work as much as I can on the house.
Between today and yesterday, ds2 tackled the dining room area and gleefully threw away LOTS of things. He is feeling blocked since our TWO trash containers are now full. ("Mo-om! There's nowhere to throw anything away!") I don't know how much they hold, but they must hold at least 65 gallons or maybe 80. Two weeks ago we ordered a second can from our trash company for three months so we can work at throwing more stuff away. I fear we need another rolloff. And yes, I am donating what (little) I can, that isn't completely destroyed by mice. I have an entire set of Woman's Day Cookbooks in my vehicle. I already checked on eBay. One person sold a set of 12 for $3.99 recently. My version is 1979.
Here it is 8:20 and I still have to pull my clothes and bedding from the dryer, make my bed AND wash my two work dresses. I have decided to dress at least halfway professionally tomorrow as my job is having a tour for one of our major funders. I have been dressing down for the past 5 months. I have not had the energy to dress up, and I've grown fatter so most of my clothes don't fit me.
And on that note, as I go to bed with a glass of chocolate milk for dinner...
Until next time.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Final Update for Today
Labels: blah blah blah, FlyLady
Posted by RawMilkStar at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment