Saturday, March 24, 2007

More Cleaning

Okay, from 6:06 to 8:33pm I've worked feverishly without ceasing.

I swept and mopped the kitchen floor, washed a load of dishes, this morning's milk pail and the milk strainer, wiped off the stove, cleaned those bowl things under the burners, cleaned under the burners and replaced the aluminum foil. Ds2 pulled the stove out to replace the two screws that had fallen out of the one knob. While the stove was out, I asked him to sweep the debris out. He vacuumed, I then mopped under the stove and cleaned both sides of the counters which usually I can't get to, and were pretty dirty. I wiped and bleached the counter top on the left side of the sink. Cleaned and shined the sink. There were water deposits on my new faucet, which were easily removed with white vinegar, salt and a little scrub brush.

I also cried while on the phone with my mother, who was also crying. I called her around 8pm to see if she was going to be able to come out, and she told me she hadn't talked to her husband yet and then she told me she really felt nervous driving such a long distance all by herself. So I told her to bring him along and we would plant him in front of the television. But my mom's husband is a very stressful person to deal with, and ds2 heard me talking about it with her and he started getting stressed out. I need him to cook, so I can clean tomorrow. It won't help me to have my mother here to help me clean, if ds2 is in his room avoiding jerk stepgrandfather.

So I told my mom it wasn't going to work out, and then I wanted to get off the phone. And I knew it, she called back within 10 minutes, crying. So then I was crying.

But I have more to do. My feet are hurting. I think I need to take a look at my foot and maybe soak it again. I'm very hungry. I should probably go to bed soon. At least my bed is cleared off. Maybe chocolate milk for dinner again...

Until next time.

No comments: