
I feel like I spend most of my life rushing and running, constantly on the go with things to do every moment. I am trying to consciously take some time where I sit and reflect on the fact that I not having to rush at that moment.
I've been wanting to eat outside for some time, but of course for the last few months it has been too hot. Or too dusty. Or too windy. It was too chilly at breakfast this morning (dh made Pizza Eggs), but at lunch it was very mild out. There was a soft breeze. I washed the glass table that I've wanted to have in my garden area, and moved it into the garden. I brought my lunch out, sat and enjoyed the sunshine and the soft breeze and my lunch.
These are really expensive, so I only buy them once every few months: Benetino's Bistro Sensations: Sausage Chicken Habanero W/Monterey Jack Cheese Meat. I also had some sauerkraut and Zucchini Soup. How do you like my water glass? Yes, that's a quart size jar.
I'm planning to put a second garden bed in this weekend. Several different types of lettuce came up:

And a few others, but I'm not sure which ones. I order the Pinetree Lettuce Mix which contains all the sweet looseleaf lettuces that Pinetree sells, plus more, so sometimes it is hard to identify what has come up. It makes for such a colorful salad, I just love the mixture they put together.My seed order included a $2 off coupon, if I order by the end of the year. I am going to try to remember to get my tomato and eggplant seeds ordered.
I think I'll harvest some lettuce and make a salad to go with tonight's dinner. After I milk. We changed to afternoon milking a couple of weeks ago.
Until next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment