Sunday, October 22, 2006

Cod Liver Oil

Our case of, yes, I said CASE of cod liver oil finally arrived. Actually it arrived on Friday evening, but I was fishing for something to blog about tonight and that's what I hit upon. Cod Liver Oil. We ordered our CLO from Green Pasture and each bottle cost $13.90 plus shipping. It's an investment in our health. Ds2 is now taking CLO, so that makes two of us. We liked the cinnamon flavored, and wanted to try the others. We got some orange and some arctic mint. The orange seems to be flavored with orange peel oil. Bitter. The arctic mint is funky. I like the cinnamon the best, so ds2 and I have decided to take the orange bottles first, then work on the arctic mint and save the best for last. We anticipate these twelve bottles to last close to one year. The dose is only 1 teaspoon and you get your 10,000 IUs Vitamin A as recommended by Sally Fallon in Nourishing Traditions. Cod liver oil is one of those things I vowed as a child to NEVER, EVER take as an adult. I did not care if my life depended upon it. The thing is... Green Pastures Blue Ice CLO is deodorized and so there is almost no cod liver oil taste.

I did get to work a little bit on one front panel of the baby sweater today.

I am hoping to get my garden weeded tomorrow. There are millions, if not BILLIONS of baby weeds that must come out.

Until next time.

No comments: