Saturday, October 13, 2007

Countdown: Six Days Until Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss? What was I thinking when I titled this post? Dear honey and I were bickering again today. We managed to keep from killing each other. This time it's because my manicure and pedicure appointment was rescheduled and I didn't get the email. Lack of communication all around. Anyway, now I'm taking a couple hours for lunch one day next week and having it done then. I should just take half a day, come to think of it.

Everyone keeps telling me this is normal. Too much stress. My sister even told me she was 40 minutes late for her wedding and she and her fiance hadn't spoken (weren't speaking? not sure if they had also been "bickering") since the previous day, so he almost thought she'd stood him up. Sis thought she was only 10-15 minutes late.

Heavens. I am planning to be in town by 9:30 at the latest, at Rees' house and back to the wedding "chapel" hehe, by noon. The ceremony begins at 2pm.

Let's all just say a word of prayer that the goat kids either before, or waits until several days after the wedding. I can't take much more excitement and stress. Births are always anxious times for me, as we've had several EVENTFUL births where I've had to "go in" and extricate kids manually because the doe couldn't get them out herself. This doe's first kidding was uneventful, let's hope and pray this one is as well.

Okay, so in the rest of the day I managed to finish the flower arrangements, and I began putting the arch together. It's a monstrosity. The picture on the box depicts an arch that looks much more narrow than what we're seeing in real life. Looking at it more closely, I can now see that they took the picture sideways. Oh, and it's also very flimsy and it's meant to be anchored to the ground. You know how you pound those big nail looking things into the ground when anchoring a tent to the ground? Same thing. And I haven't even put the last leg in place, which will add another 16 inches. How will I ever get this thing decorated? I'm beginning to think maybe it's a BAD idea.

Pastor told us a story last week about a wedding he went to, which he was filming for the couple. First he said, "If you drop the ring, don't bother to pick it up. Just go through the motions and we'll get it later." Then he told the story of how the groom and best men dove down stairs for the ring, conked heads and they had to turn off the camera, get everyone back in place and start over. LOL.


Here are the boutonnières and corsages that the lady sent me. The extra ones. I only bought three off eBay and she sent 12 altogether, remember?


I also worked on the three boutonnières I'd already made, (those are in the bags to the far right of the photo) and fancied them up a bit for practice.

I realized today that no one knows the location of dh's new white shirt. That must be located asap.

Dh's mother came by to take ds2 out for his birthday shopping trip they take together. I can't remember how many years they've done this. First? Second? At any rate, they went shopping at a place where they could pick up the plates and spoons, forks, knives, drinking cups, etc., and I will be eternally grateful for them getting that out of the way for me. Thank you dearest ds2 and my wonderful, lovely, soon to be MIL.

I hope to finish up the lace tablecloth tomorrow. Then everything left can pretty much be done after work or while dh is driving us home. It's pitch black in the morning, so I can't do much but sometimes work on the laptop.

I feel stuck about the wedding songs. I don't want to walk down the aisle to "Here Comes The Bride" and my main reason for not wanting to do that was because I wasn't going to be wearing white. But now I am wearing white. Do I want that song, or not? I may end up going with it, just to make things easy on myself.

It probably doesn't seem like I got much done, wedding-wise, but I also had a bunch of other things to do like cleaning the kitchen, which included sweeping and mopping the floor, washing and folding and putting away clothes, washed our bedding and made the bed again.

I need to continue with checking and updating my lists and keep my head clear at what needs to be done and press forward. I grew weary of making the flower arrangements, but I kept pushing through and finally got them completed.

OH, and I did get the kidding kit all put together in case Z goes into labor.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Goldlady said...

I was indeed late the day of the wedding, but we hadn't been bickering at all. We just hadn't talked and he thought that just maybe I was upset, you never know about me. Although I seem predictable, at times I am not, lol!

For music I think I used the Glenn Miller band playing on a CD, but I had a LONG walk.