I got real busy earlier tonight and got several tasks completed. I'm very proud of myself for what I accomplished.
I needed to sew buttons onto ds1's suit. The button on the jacket was literally hanging by a thread. And the suspenders apparently need buttons to hook onto. After I looked at them some more, I realized that you are supposed to thread a belt through the loops. But a belt would cost at least $25 and it was less expensive to buy six buttons and sew them onto the waist of the pants. I learned how to use my button foot on my sewing machine!
Then while beginning to think about sewing on the buttons, I remembered that I wanted to alter ds1's suit jacket, for it was not coming together in the front. I examined the seams (after ripping out the hem at the bottom) and discovered I could gain at least two inches by altering the back seam. So I did that, and now it fits him just perfectly! It took me about 2 hours to do that alteration and get it all back together.
I ironed his suit jacket, pants and white shirt. It's all on a hanger, with a plastic bag over it to protect it from dust. I couldn't get all the danged cat hair off, even though I lint rolled it several times. I need to buy some of that cling protection spray.
I ironed dh's white shirt and his pants. His suit is also hanging up. I did a better job at removing the cat hair from his suit. I called his mom and told her I would need some help lint rolling these guys.
My dress, too! Only my dress is showing all the DARK cat hair, while the guys' suits are showing the white hair. AGH!
Speaking of my dress, I needed to take in the seams on the side. I measured around my ribcage, I'm 39.5 inches around. I laid the dress flat and it measured 42 inches. So I stitched up each side seam (there are two on each side) about 1/2 inch, taking each side in by 1 inch. Once the guys got home I tried on the dress and it is just perfect - but I didn't put on my Spanx, only my bra. I'm thinking about asking while I'm at Lane Bryant's tomorrow, if they think a girdle would help me more than the Spanx.
I am trying to write a short poem to say to dh after he says his poem to me (during the ceremony), and I got some of it, but now ds2 is helping me to refine it. Wow. He's talented. He took what I had and immediately started fixing it.
I went out to check on Zoƫ a couple of hours ago. She's not doing anything.
Tomorrow I will be gone most of the day. Getting my manicure and pedicure.
I'm tired.
Until next time.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Last Update for the Night
Labels: Wedding
Posted by RawMilkStar at 11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment