Before it was time for me to start working yesterday morning, I opened my Inkscape created guestbook pages in Adobe Illustrator just out of curiosity. I've opened Illustrator a couple of times, but don't have time to just play around with new software.
I was able to rework the whole file and make it look much better. This morning we are going to OfficeMax to have them print out the pages. I decided we should get 150 copies, just to be safe and sure that everyone has a chance to fill one out. I called the OfficeMax where we'll be going and they told me the cost will be $0.22 per page. That doubles the cost ($33) to what I thought it would originally be ($16.00).
I woke up at 1:30 and was unable to sleep so I thought I'd get up and do SOMETHING. I could think of lots of things to do. I decided to scan the guestbook pages and show them here on my blog. It took me a while to figure out why the scanner wouldn't work. I guess I wasn't quite awake as I forgot I can't plug the scanner into the USB extension piece, but have to use the actual USB port in back of the computer. After some time of futzing around with the computer and scanner, I finally got the pages scanned. I began replacing our names with "Bride & Groom" and found this glaring mistake!
Man, I read over this thing I don't know how many times yesterday. And I showed it to at least two people who looked over it. I originally had in there, "Where do you think the Bride & Groom will be in 10 years." I changed it to "Where will Bride & Groom will be in 10 years." Missed taking out that second "will". Whew. That would have been near to disaster in my mind, to have not caught that. Now I need to be sure to have someone else proof the program for the same reason. That was page 2, the backside.
Here is page 1:
So I just realized why I'm awake. My blood sugar must be low. Dh got up a few minutes ago and I'm becoming increasingly agitated at noises and the sound of the television. And my stomach just signaled that I'm ravenously hungry. Since it's still very early (2:45am), I am going to eat something and get back into bed. My back had already started stiffening up by 1:30 anyway, so this way I can sleep a few more hours in peace until it begins stiffening again.
One more thing. Since I have access to Adobe Illustrator, I will make a point to use it for any future [stupid television, SHUT UP!] items I need to produce, RATHER than using Inkscape.
However, if the only option I had was Inkscape, I'd suffer through it. I mean, Illustrator costs nearly ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS, so Inkscape is WONDERFUL in that regard, but it is an EXTREMELY cumbersome program. The printing process alone was enough to drive me mad. It won't print more than one copy at one time, so that means you have to reset the printing options each and every time you need to print something. It won't hold the setting that tells it to print Landscape or Portrait, I needed it to print Landscape and it kept reverting back to Portrait. I needed to print 150 copies, both sides, so 300 prints. And my printer leaves smudges and I have to insert each piece of cardstock manually and the printer misfeeds every other time (when using thick paper).
Okay that's it. I have to eat something and go back to bed. I'm about ready to smash the television.
Until next time.
Friday, October 12, 2007
The Wedding Guestbook
Labels: Wedding
Posted by RawMilkStar at 3:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment