My MIL has only visited us here at our home six or seven times in the five years we've lived here. I remember distinctly two of those times she scrubbed my kitchen sink. It was pretty grungy, with all the gunk built up around the sink handles and back of the sink. But since I started trying to do FlyLady again, I try to wash and whine shine the sink at least once each weekend. She's never been mean about it or anything, she would just start scrubbing, like that's one of the things she always notices at other people's house. You know how that is?
Like when I go to her house, I notice the fingerprints and dirt on every door near the knob. And she and her husband live alone. :-) It always bugs me and I want to grab a bottle of cleaner and clean it. The interesting thing is when I was cleaning buildings for them, that is what I noticed was filthy, the door knob area of every door. Funny how things get on your "radar" and you notice it, and other things don't.
The other nice thing was since I invested the time in cleaning my bathroom and it's still not spotless. . . at least I could let her go in there and use the toilet without a lot of stress. The men's room here is a big mess. But my bathroom was pretty good. A few spots on the mirror, so obviously I didn't just clean it. And the toilet was swished and my shoes were neatly in their spot. It's still got a big pile in the tub, but it was very nice that it was clean enough to let her in there without worrying about it.
She would never have fussed at me, but I am sure she would have thought something in her head about what a mess. There is no way to overlook the big mess that was in my bathroom. I mean come on, if I got three 55 gallon garbage bags out of there, just imagine.
It's time to milk.
We are all going to church this morning, taking two vehicles so I can stop afterwards and get a few more things that ds2 and his Granny didn't get a chance to stop for. They shopped for the paper goods for the wedding. Dinner and cake plates, dinner and smaller napkins, food utensils and drinking glasses.
Today after church I have to get the plastic champagne glasses, a belt for ds1, plastic tongs and large plastic spoons, and punch. I see myself stopping at two places minimum. My boss also said to feel free to start bringing supplies to work and stashing them in her office.
Until next time.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Two Nice Things
Posted by RawMilkStar at 7:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't worry about what others think. In the end, it really doesn't matter does it?
Post a Comment