Friday, October 12, 2007

Crunch Time

Tomorrow is the last day I have to be home all day and get things completed for the wedding. I would love to get everything done tomorrow and then stop worrying.

We did get the guestbook pages printed today at OfficeMax. So that is thankfully out of the way. Now I just need to take them with me to work so I don't forget them at home!

Here's what my list looks like:

  • Figure out what to do about the lace tablecloth I was going to sew for the "head" table
  • Finish the flower arrangements
  • One last fitting with the gown and see if I need to take the sides in at all
  • Thread elastic through the crinoline slip (I bought it cheap off eBay and it has a cord running through that gets tied in a knot, which shows through the dress as a bulge!)
  • Finish the wedding program (crucial to be done asap so I can have people help with proofing!)
  • Finish choosing the wedding songs!
  • Print the wedding program
  • Fix ds1's suit (the button is almost off)
  • Get ds1 a belt, or find the suspenders and attach buttons to the pants (easier to buy a belt, yes?!)
  • Last but not least, the all important "remove cat hair from all the suits"
Okay, so I guess that's about it. Until I start remembering more. I bought myself a binder thing today, to keep my "lists" in. I have these lists going:
  • General to-do list for things I can't do this week because they are getting pushed aside because of the wedding to-do list
  • Wedding to-do list
  • List of things for me to bring the day of the wedding
  • List of things for dh to bring, along with the things needed by ds1 and ds2
  • List of things to bring to work each day and store in my boss' office
  • Shopping still to be done for the wedding list (still need to buy the paper goods)
Then there's my mama's birthday on the 18th, so I have to wrap her presents and mail to her on Monday. And I have to wrap my boss' present and the mother of bride and mother of groom presents.

On Sunday I'm supposed to have my manicure and pedicure. I tried to grow my fingernails just a little bit, but I really am prohibited with their length due to milking. Plus they start bothering me and I start picking at them when they get about 1/8 of an inch long. I keep them trimmed to about 1/16th of an inch.

There's the kidding kit that needs to be assembled for the doe that was bred sometime between May 12th and June 1. She is the only one due until February. But I still need to have the kidding kit assembled in case I have to assist.

I think that's it.

Today I got dh to try on his shoes and decide which of the two pair he wanted to wear. The bouttonieres arrived that I purchased off eBay. I bought three that the seller had. She was selling them for $0.59/each plus $1.99 shipping. Only one more dollar for shipping of each additional item purchased. She wrote me and told me she was shipping ALL her extra corsages (they are small) and bouttonieres. So I have twelve now. I will see if the pastor wants to wear one, and maybe some early birds can have one to wear if they want. I've decided to see about making corsages for the mother of the bride and mother of the groom. I think I can do it. I found that one grocery store sells a dozen roses every Friday for $7.99. I will buy two dozen or maybe three... and make my bridal bouquet, I've decided on just a simple one. I also want baby's breath in my bouquet.

I ordered this for my boss, who is doing a lot for me by taking over the food totally, and orchestrating the room breakdown between the ceremony and the reception:


She loves the color blue and she already told another lady she was NOT dressing up and if I didn't like it, that was too bad (she said that in front of me). I don't really care what she wears, but I hope she will concede to wearing this. I think it will be real cute. They have all these other t-shirts like "Mother of the Bride" "Cousin of the Bride" and on and on.

I got my mom a teddy bear that is wearing a shirt that says "Mother of the Bride". I got my mom and dh's mom each a monogrammed hankie.

Both our sons still needed white shirts, so I got one for each from Walmart for $15 each. I also bought two ties like the one above. $8.96 each. We have another green tie like that one, and dh will wear that one. I think the color is very close. Ds1 is modeling his new "hair". He has alopecia areata and is completely bald. Well, I just learned something new by following that link. Ds1's condition is now called alopecia totalis because he is completely bald. I didn't know the diagnosis changed once the scalp became completely bald. The wig cost $50 off eBay. My friend Rees is going to dye it to a dark blond color to match the color his real hair would be. It is actually a grey color right now.

We also managed to find the sparkling apple cider on sale for $2.00 a bottle and bought 20 bottles. I was so, so, so excited to discover that the store has 6 pack cardboard containers that hold wine bottles. Otherwise they would have had to be laid down or find a box or something. That made me feel really happy to have those cardboard containers provided by the store. That's a lot of bottles to have rolling around in the back of a vehicle!

I had better get to bed.

Until next time.

No comments: