The wedding plans are coming right along and I'm near to having a nervous breakdown with all there is to do, plus everything else.
Dh and I met with our pastor yesterday to discuss the ceremony. Pastor loved the idea which ds2 and dh came up with and that is to have dh run off and have ds2 guarding the door with a shotgun. I told them all in no uncertain terms do I think that would be funny. They all loved it, so I just hope they don't get any ideas because I really don't like the idea of it at all! Maybe I'd better get an ankle holster and a pretend gun, just in case. Goodness.
I finished the veil today. WHEW WHEW WHEW. I expended so much energy when Grandma was in hospice, then helping to plan her memorial, then making the memory book, plus crying and grieving, the wedding got shoved to the side for a bit. That did not help my stress level in the least. I finished gluing on pearls, then I stitched through the top and drew the material together so I could attach it to the comb. Sewed it to the comb, and for the finishing touch, sewed a row of pearls and clear glass beads at the top.
I got the wedding gown sewed back together. I'd ripped out one of the side seams to see how difficult it would be to take the area in just about half of an inch. I needn't have worried, I feel certain I've gained enough weight to fit into it just fine. I am so anxious over food and my body size I can't eat hardly anything without feeling spasms of guilt. I knew I wouldn't be able to lose enough weight, or as much weight as I'd have liked to lose, but just the thought of being as large as I am sure does trigger me something awful. I sewed it back to where it was, and it seems to be fitting just right. I might need to take the seams in just a tiny bit but for now it's staying as is.
I debated on sewing this extra little fancy piece to the back of the gown, and after I got it ironed and hung up I thought it looked plain and decided to go for sewing it on. I think it really dresses up the back of the dress. These pictures really don't do justice to the piece, but here are a couple of comparison shots, without the extra piece and with.
Here is a closeup of the added piece.
Let's see what else did I get accomplished... I did get six of the seventeen table centerpieces together on Friday night. I had hoped to get the rest of those done today, but I don't think it is going to be possible.
We invited 168 people, I never expected more than half to attend. The tally so far is:
91 attending
27 declined
48 unknown
Egads!
Until next time.
Monday, October 08, 2007
On Pins and Needles
Labels: Wedding
Posted by RawMilkStar at 4:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My goodness, what a large number attending! Sorry I won't be there, but I know I will get some pictures, right?
The dress is lovely and I like the veil too. I did not have a veil and thank goodness because it was so windy I almost couldn't stand up, lol!
Have a wonderful day! I know you will. Where are you two going for your honeymoon anyway?
Post a Comment