Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Gown Inside My Head

I found my wedding gown!!!

How awesome is that? I had visualized the gown I wanted to wear in my head. I knew exactly what I wanted it to look like, and I want to sew it myself. I want it to be dark green. So I went to simplicity.com today and I put in the pattern finder what I was looking for, and I found the only wedding gown pattern available. It looks like this:

So then I photoshopped it with the green color I want it to be:


I LOVE the jacket. Now to find the green material to match. I am so excited to get started on it, but I'm going to wait until my books come - mainly the one that explains how to work with wedding gown type material. I read on another blog that sometimes the material can "run". I plan to avoid that, if possible.

I started wondering who Khaliah Ali was... and discovered it's the woman on the pattern there. She is the daughter of Muhammed Ali, and she recently had bariatric surgery to lose weight.

Until next time.

No comments: