Saturday, July 14, 2007

Riding The Train

Today DH and I went into the big city to his sister's house to pick up her trailer and bring it home so DH can fix the swing jack. She drove over something and it got messed up pretty badly. He's going to have to reweld a new swing jack to the trailer. Anyway, when we got there she commented to me that I was "riding" instead of driving and I told her how stoked I am about and she said it was like riding a train and that she'd never thought about it that way before.

I came into town with DH because I was maybe going to go by my friend's house, the one that is going to do my makeup for the wedding. I'm going to help her with some eBaying tips. But our plans changed, so I didn't get to her house. We're hoping to try again next Saturday.

I spent part of the drive knitting. I have only knit one sock in my life and now I want to knit a pair of socks from the toe up. Before this morning I didn't even know how to do a yarnover. It was hot since our big truck doesn't have air conditioning and to compound things, it's humid. We got home about 1:30 and I was so cranky I got into the shower right away and then crawled into bed for a nap. I woke up at 3:30, feeling much better. But I also am way behind now on my weekend chores, like washing clothes for the week ahead.

I asked DH to help me start on the test wedding dress. I was hungry when I laid down for my nap and ravenous when I woke up. I don't think well when I'm hungry and DH was also hungry and had just come in from being out in the heat the last two hours since we got home. But he sweats a lot and loves the heat. We put our heads together for a while and then it was time for me to go out and milk and DH ground hamburger and made hamburger burros. In spite of both being hungry we managed to get a bit of progress on the pattern.

I'm growing less confident in my ability to put this dress together.

I also have to start the sock over.

ACK! My Peek-A-Boo post script is broken, the fix is here. In the meantime, every single post on my blog has "Display Entire Post" at the end of each post, even when there is nothing more to see. And I don't think the posts that do open up, are fully displayed. I don't have time to work on this tonight.

Until next time.

No comments: