I went to the discount fabric store today at lunch and had to look and look but finally found some blue lace that will match the test dress exactly!! And I like the lace, too. (They had a lot of UGLY lace there, lol!) Can you see the pinkish tint to the edges of the lace? The same thing happened with the blue fabric. I'm thinking it must be sun damage? Odd that both the fabric and lace would have the same pinkish tone to the edges. From totally different shops in different cities, too! On sale, $0.75/yard! I bought five yards. I only needed 2 1/2 yards. I guess to be on the safe side. And especially since the edges are tinted pink. That might cause a problem. But WOW, $0.75/yard!! The cheapest I found at Walmart was $2/yard.
The jacket is also supposed to have lace lining the sleeves and the bottom. I found some. It's not a perfect match, but it might work. After all, this is just a test dress. The lace edging cost $0.50/yard.
I also found the jade green lace. I hope I will be able to match a fabric to it, but all the lace was on sale for $0.75/yard! They had only one piece of this jade color, 4.5 yards. I bought it all. Whopping $3.38. Again I only need 2.5 yards for the jacket, but just to be on the safe side.
I just LOVE the green lace. I really hope I can find fabric to match. I need to go back to the discount fabric store and check it out more thoroughly. I was only able to stay for 25 minutes and had to get back to work.
And I'm feeling MUCH more optimistic because I remembered that my boss is an excellent seamstress and used to sew clothing for her children and has a sewing machine and still sews things. YES!
I'm bringing my box of material and the pattern and everything in tomorrow and see if she can help me.
I started the sock over and my knitting was too loose, so I started it over again.
Until next time.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Lace
Posted by RawMilkStar at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment