Sunday, July 29, 2007

So Exhausted

Long day today. I am just finishing up my bookkeeping side job, and so tired and want to crawl into bed. I slept in this morning, getting up at 6am. My back was insisting it was time to get up at 3am, since I'd had seven hours sleep by then. But I was just too tired to pay attention to the aches and pains and stiffness. So I ended up with TEN hours of sleep for once in a very long time.

Ds2 and I went to church alone, ds1 and dh stayed home. We had arranged to speak with our pastor after church about some questions. He was kind enough to stay and talk with us for THREE hours. Yes, three hours. We finally left church at 3pm. Usually we only attend morning services, but today we decided to try Sunday School. It was more of the same that we get for morning services. Both informative and enjoyable.

I got another hair-brained idea and I'm wondering if I dare try this out: How To Clean a Wedding Gown.

I will figure out what kind of material I'm working with first, and proceed from there. But being the do-it-yourselfer (that doesn't seem to be a word) that I am, I will probably give it a try. After all, that's what Woolite is for, right? Is Woolite a detergent I wonder? Yes, Woolite is considered a mild detergent. Some Borax and a toothbrush to scrub the bottom and it might be good as new. Dare I?

I still have time to decide whether I should or not.

Maybe it would shrink it just enough? ;-)

I also wonder if I should invest in a crinoline slip? If fluffs out the wedding gown. I asked my friend who is getting married three weeks after me if she is going to have one for her dress and maybe I could "borrow" hers.

I'm hoping to get to the discount fabric store sometime this week or next. Yet another hairbrained scheme. I was thinking of buying 2 yards of lace for each table. That would be $1.49 for the tablecloth. I think it would look very beautiful. That store had a literal TON of white lace. That is if it is still on sale for $0.75/yard. I'm not sure if it would be absolutely necessary to sew a hem... probably would depend on the type of lace. That would mean I would need to spend time cutting and sewing the pieces together as the lace comes in 44" widths.

I am interested in making my own wedding veil. Maybe with green trim?

Until next time.

No comments: