Monday, July 16, 2007

Maternity Smock?

Just a quick update this morning. Yesterday afternoon I was quite depressed over the way the camisole is turning out. I'm fairly big in the bust department (pretty much huge - more than 6 inches difference so bigger than a D cup!) and the camisole somehow manages to downplay the size of my bustline to where I look like an A cup. Also it flairs out at the waist like a 50s skirt. We obviously did a bad job on modifying the pattern.

I couldn't figure out how to do the straps, which I sewed too wide to begin with. They are an inch wide but supposed to be a bit narrower - I measured 3/16" thinking it was 3/8" - one thing's for sure I am learning a lot with this test dress! I did get the darts sewed on the outside and liner and got the two parts sewed together. It wasn't too difficult, just stressful.

Also, the constant having to look at my "real woman" body in the mirror. It could drive a girl to drink. If I drank.

I was up at 5am working on it before church, stopped at 9am to get ready for church. While at church I asked the pastor and his wife if the pastor does marriages, he does and we'll make plans in a few weeks for his part. I was working on the camisole again by 3pm. I finally stopped at about 5:30, put everything entirely away, down to lowering the sewing machine down into its cabinet. I went out to milk and was really feeling depressed and started thinking of what my alternatives were. I have a light peach lace skirt and jacket suit that a friend gave me about 7 years ago. I thought maybe I could wear that. (I tried it on when I got back in from milking and it is tight and looks lumpy on me, waaaahhhhh.) My mom mentioned buying me me a gown. But I don't want her spending $300 to $500 on a dress I'm only going to wear a few minutes. Cried to dh about my "real woman" body last night during dinner. Tears and crying. It's not fair! I spent my childhood years forcing malted shakes into myself just to keep weight on, and I was still a beanpole. How did this happen to me?

Speaking of body size and all, I ordered a book which talks about adrenal fatigue. Maybe THAT'S my problem. I'm still taking my herbal thyroid supplement. Although I'm supposed to take it twice daily, I only usually remember Monday through Thursday mornings.

Dh made me eggrolls for lunch today. He put the ingredients for the filling together yesterday and fried them up this morning. I have already eaten two for breakfast. I have three for lunch. And a glass of chocolate milk. 210 calories on the chocolate milk. I'm looking at my calories a bit again and trying to wait until I'm really hungry to eat, as well as trying to eat less. I mean eat less as in not stuff myself. Which isn't very hard to do. I don't eat that much food, but I often leave the table feeling too full.

When I went to bed last night, I was still quite depressed over the camisole. This morning I feel a bit of hope. Maybe I can take the sides in or something and make it less tent-ish. More learning.

I gave the baby sweater to dh's boss this morning. I also included two of my scarves for his daughters. I told him I hoped the baby could still fit into the sweater once it cools down, but he reminded me his wife and children are going to vacation for 3 weeks in Alaska coming up pretty soon. He really liked the little sweater, I sure hope his wife likes it, too.

Until next time.

No comments: