Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Purple Passion Vest

I started this project on Sunday September 23rd. I don't like our new camera and I can't find my job's camera to take a picture of what I've done so far. This first picture is using the flash. It's practically psychedelic. Hmmm... I seem to have spelled that word correctly. The towel is actually a dark navy blue color.

Here is the same piece of knitting without the flash. Totally washed out.

Here I attempted to Photoshop the correct rendering of the color. It's pretty close. But the purples are more intensely purple. More like the next photo.

Only again, not so psychedelic.

This is the back. There is a neat border on the bottom and sides achieved by using the seed pattern. At least it seems to be a variation of the seed pattern, because it's basically knit the purl and purl the knit for four stitches on each end (five rows to start out with). Then the standard whatever it's called, uh, stockinette stitch, which is knit on one side and purl on the other (wrong) side.

I am knitting on the way home, while dh drives. Except today I realized I'd better get myself in gear and start working on the wedding things that have to be printed out, so I worked on the laptop on the way home today.

1 comment:

Goldlady said...

Very cool! I need to practice knitting. Seems like it saves on the yarn usage.