Monday, January 15, 2007

4 Degrees or 16 Degrees?

Dh tells me I can't go only by that one thermometer hanging on the chinaberry tree, that I have to have a look at the other thermometer on the porch. Well I say the one on the porch is near the house, so it's of course going to read warmer temps than the one hanging on the tree. ;-) The one on the tree says it is FOUR degrees out. The one on the porch says 16°F. There's one more thermometer, the one on the milking shed, but it has the red line, mercury? And it is hard to tell what it says exactly because right where the red is risen to, there is a thick metal band right over it.

I went out to feed early. Usually I feed at 8am, but I fed at 7:15 because I was thinking about taking an early nap. Yes, I'm tired already and it's not even 8am. I figured I may as well feed early, then I could come in and take a nap. While I was out there I decided to bring in one of the toolboxes that has screws in it, so I can put in my shelf. Can't decide whether to nap... or caffeine myself. I should probably nap because there is this really NASTY sore throat/cold thing going around. I've been exposed to two people who have it really bad and I want to give my body all the help it can to stay well. That means I should also be taking my vitamins and cod liver oil, which I've forgotten to do for the last several days. I also meant to bring in a couple of bottles of water on my way in. Brrrr, it is SOOOOO cold out there, my fingers were aching (only on my left hand though, I had located a glove for the right hand), my face was stinging and my nose was beginning to run. Maybe I will go have a short nap.

Until next time.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

airborne, too. Airborne kept us from getting a LOT of nasty stuff last January/February.

Temps are all relative, IMO. If your pipes froze, does it really matter if it's 4 or 6 or 8? ;)