I know, I'm weird. At least, that's the impression I get from most people when I tell them that I love disco. Even people my age. They act like I'm saying I like liver or something, for heaven's sake.
Of course now disco is referred to as "oldies" from the 70s and 80s. I used to listen to a radio station in the morning and the DJ grew up in the big city in which I grew up and he'd reminisce about things that happened when he was a child and teen. He used to roller skate, he used to enter competitions even. He would be teased about wearing a scarf. I always laughed a lot in the mornings. The other DJ was about 15 years younger and he was always appalled by the dorky things the older DJ did. Anyway, the radio station changed their DJs around, and they put the older DJ's cousin in his slot. The whole atmosphere of the program changed, becoming more focused on partying and playing pranks on people. I stopped listening around the end of November. That's when I started listening to KLOVE. Ds2 had been listening to this station for at least six months, but I was really reluctant to give up my "oldies".
After listening for about two weeks, the music started to grow on me, and I started to find some favorite songs. My first favorite song was by TobyMac, Made To Love. Then the next favorite which quickly became my top favorite was Nichole Nordeman's What If.
Ds2 ordered some CDs last week, some of the Newsboys and TobyMac's Welcome to Diverse City. Track 7 on WTDC is TobyMac's son Truett aka Trudog. Oh my gosh. What an adorable song. Trudog is very young, maybe 3 or 4 years old. Adorable baby voice, just very cute.
I was reading TobyMac's bio, which mentions his "hip-hop roots". OH yeah. I love hip-hop as much as I love disco. I know, I'm weird! I just love the music, love dancing to it! I think my favorite track on WTDC is 11, Burn For You.
Until next time.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
I Love Disco
Labels: blah blah blah
Posted by RawMilkStar at 9:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
M*/
W0|251
D3c1510n
3\/4|2
TruDog: The Return is the cutest song ever though.
-|<3\/
Translation for the gibberish (Hackerspeak) "My worst decision ever" and -|<#\/ means "Kev".
Post a Comment