Ds2 thought I'd crocheted him a face cozy.
I am having the dickens of a time trying to do Fly Lady. I tried and tried yesterday to get the kitchen cleaned up. I just couldn't stay focused. I did declutter two drawers. The bottom drawer has been catching and sometimes you have to jerk real hard on it to get it out. Well, I took it out and discovered that each metal piece on the bottom only had one screw each left. So I put more screws in each side and put the drawer back in place and it works great. I also took the top drawer out and found that the metal piece with the roller just needs to be replaced altogether. The roller wheel is broken and the metal piece is bent. That's why that keeps messing up. I have one more drawer in the kitchen to investigate. It's the other bottom drawer, and it gets stuck like the one I just fixed. It just takes a few minutes to fix these things. And then the drawer doesn't end up getting demolished from being jerked open and closed. I also have new handles for all these drawers. The ones we have now get hung up on my clothes. I found some new handles last year in June... I am one major procrastinator! Actually, what ended up happening is my MIL found a box of 10 drawer pulls at Home Depot on clearance for around $3 and they are the kind without the edges that catch and I want to use those. Now. If I only knew where I stashed them...
Anyway, back to the decluttering of the two drawers. They both had a lot of lids in them, some of the containers we don't even own any longer. So I threw most of them away. I do have a container with miscellaneous sized lids in case I run across the jars somewhere. The bottom drawer holds plastic grocery bags and the kitchen dish towels and wash clothes. The drawer is almost full of the latter two items! I love have plenty of dish towels and wash clothes. Of course they are all ratty and old, but they still work great for pulling out a new, clean one to dry dishes. So we are really making some progress. Progress being that they are actually clean, folded and in the drawer instead of stashed in a pillowcase somewhere.
Now... I set my timer for 15 minutes yesterday to clean the kitchen, and I could not stay focused. I am wondering if I need to lower my expectations and just try FIVE minutes.
I also confessed to my dear sister (who has been FLYing for years) that I am doing FlyLady. But I told her, "Shhhh, don't tell anyone, not even yourself!" Because I have this stupid thing about if my sister is doing it,then I can't be a copycat and do it, too. And I don't want her to be right that it is helping her. And I don't want to end up failing while she's successful.
I also have to finish up the bookkeeping for the little company, I have to complete W-2's, W-3's, 1099-MISC and 1096 forms today. Then I'm finally done with that until February.
I'm scheduled to work tomorrow, I'm trading days this week. I might even take off a couple of days.
Until next time.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Face Cozy
Labels: crocheting, FlyLady
Posted by RawMilkStar at 8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment