Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Coyotes Yipping

I was awakened this morning before my alarm clock went off with the yip-yip-yip-yodeling of coyotes nearby. Times like these make me VERY, VERY happy for my pack of dogs. What you say? They cost a lot to feed? Pshaw! $40 a month is nothing compared to the nice feeling of knowing they aren't going to dig their way into my property and try to kill all my chickens or young goats.

LJ sleeps in bed with me and he also woke up, head alert, ears perked. I've trained him to not bark while in the house, so muffled sounds were coming from his throat. He kept jerking his head back and forth, trying to get a better listen.

The sounds the coyotes make is just freaky. Even worse when you are outside, it can make shivers run down your spine and raise the hair on the back of your neck.

Finally we both got up and I let LJ out the front door so he could investigate with the girls. Soon the coyotes left and LJ was at the front door ready to come in.

I feel tired already.

I did put a roast in the crockpot so that we have a headstart on today's dinner.

Until next time.

No comments: