Sunday, January 28, 2007

Some Success At Cleaning

I had one of those days again. One of those days where I felt like getting something done. Here's what I did:

  1. Cleaned the right side of the counter on the stove side. I didn't take *before* pictures, but trust me, it was covered to the edges with all kinds of things. Like jars with curdled milk waiting to go to the chickens for several days, some things that should have been thrown away in the first place. Now look at how beautiful it is. I even bleached the surface and scrubbed the rust rings (caused by laying cast iron skillets on the surface) with baking soda.
  2. I decided to once and for all put my mind at rest as to whether I'd lost a check for $280.00 or not. :-P I asked my employer if the check had been cashed, but she had not gotten back to me. So I went on a search mission. I FOUND IT!! Stupid to lose that much money! You would think I was so rich I didn't have to worry about money at all. Sheesh! I had filed it away with some receipts.
  3. Signed the back of four checks and prepared the deposit slip so I can get that money deposited tomorrow.
  4. I went through 2 or 3 boxes of paperwork and threw most of it away.
  5. I'm currently washing my bedding.
  6. Disinfected all the milk jars. This means I washed them first, then soaked them in bleach water for 10 minutes. I must have done close to a dozen jars.
  7. Removed everything "dead" from the middle refrigerator. I ended up with a two gallon bucket of rotting food for the chickens. They LOVED it. I even wiped the shelves that were messy in that fridge. I had hoped to get to the other fridges, but I figured getting one done was good, too.
Now it's time to go milk. I'm hungry. Ds2 is making tacos. One of my favorites.

Until next time.

No comments: