Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wow, This Might Actually Work

Gulp, I guess I'm talking about FlyLady. I've been doing better in the past week with keeping my kitchen sink clean, but I've also been on vacation from work. However... I have been driving into town every single day (about 3 hours round trip) and I'm not home until around 5pm.

After I posted my last entry, I had some more work to get done:

  1. I washed my SUV. Outside only, but I did wash the windows on the inside with the damp towel. Hopefully next week I will have the energy and desire to vacuum. It seriously needs a good vacuuming. I also need to scrub the plastic floor mats. Ds2 tosses out the driver's seat mat for some reason unknown to me. I have really nice ones that came with the vehicle, but I like to keep them covered with plastic floor mats to protect the carpeted ones.
  2. I washed the dinner dishes. Processed the milk.
  3. I did the house blessing by myself tonight. I didn't do the one that ds2 usually takes, the washing of the boys' bathroom mirror and doors. I did sweep and vacuum the kitchen floor, pick up the living room (it took a full 20 minutes to tidy up!) and vacuum, and I emptied the garbage cans. I also picked up a few pieces of debris from my bathroom floor (every little bit helps) and emptied the cat litter box.
Now I have to fold my clothes and put them away, and put my bedding back on my bed. I'm starting to think it might be nice to have one more set of sheets for the bed...

I feel like I really accomplished a lot today.

Until next time.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

good for you!

re: sheets... I've found it's better to just rotate one set (ok two--one flannel and one not) as that makes me strip the bed, wash the bedding, and put it back on the bed right away. One less thing to do (fold, etc.).