On the way to work we always see this building with a crane on the top. I have been wanting to stop and get some pictures, but I'm running late so often that we just can't take the time. Until yesterday. Somehow I managed to get out the door early and had my camera with me, so we stopped and I snapped a few photos. It's really too bad I can't recreate what I can see with my eyes. The pictures make the building look small, but it's very huge. You can see it a little better if you click on it to see the larger image. I'm snapping the photo across several lanes of traffic while pulled onto the gore on the freeway which technically is illegal and we could have gotten a ticket for doing it. My first photo is without flash.
Surprisingly, the next shot, with flash, appears to be illuminated - even in the distance.
In this shot, if you look closely, you can see all the men working hard on the building. I was actually surprised to see how many men lined up working!
Until next time.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
The Crane
Labels: Just Stuff
Posted by RawMilkStar at 6:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"It's really too bad I can't recreate what I can see with my eyes." I think this is what painters really like about painting. That they can recreate what thcan be seen with thier eyes.
Hmm. Looks like the ISO was higher in the picture with flash. That doesn't make any sense, lol.
If you had a better camera, you could easily recreate that picture. Or if you had a tripod and a camera with (gasp) actual nighttime shutter settings. I don't even think my camera has satisfactory nighttime options. Curses.
Post a Comment