Sunday, December 02, 2007

Resurrected Post: Reconciliations

This post was originally written the night before my Grandma passed away on September 6th, 2007 at 7:01pm. This post also drops off as I never finished my thoughts.

My Grandma is still with us.

Around 11am this morning I was on the phone with my mom discussing something my sister had called her about when my mom got a call on her other line from my Grandma's doctor. He told my mom that he didn't think my Grandma would make it much longer and that she should come as soon as possible.

I called my dh to let him know I wanted to go and I went to let my boss know that I needed to go.

Dh and I drove out to see Grandma. She is not ready to leave us yet. I stayed and visited with her for about three hours. My mom called my aunt and I got to talk to her for a few minutes, and we exchanged email addresses. It has been many years since I have talked to my aunt. For many years I was estranged from my family - during my teen years when I was sent to live with Mrs. So and So. Mrs. So and So forbade any contact with my family. It was extremely difficult on me. I missed my family so much. I remember when I finally left Mrs. So and So I slowly made contact with my family. First I got to see my sister who is two years younger than me. She was already 18 and pregnant with her first child. Shortly after that I was able to see my maternal Grandma and Grandpa.

I only have two aunts and two cousins. My mom had one sibling, her sister. Her sister had one child, a daughter. My father has one sibling. His sister also had one child, a daughter. Our family has never been very close, unfortunately. My maternal aunt was ten years younger than my mother, while my paternal aunt was around 25 years old than my father. I have wondered if my paternal aunt was actually the mother of my father. One of my sisters actually verbalized this question to our father. I don't remember what he thought.

1 comment:

CorwinFan15 said...

You should link to the previous post in the top. Aside from that, why do you think your family had such small numbers? And why were they all female?

Cursed, perhaps?