The grilled turkey, alas I overcooked it again. It's kind of easy to lose track of the time when the bird is outdoors around the side of the house. The wind was blowing very hard today, with gusts up to 20 miles per hour. My flame went out once and I couldn't get the temperature to regulate. Finally I dragged the grill over to the east side of our home which created a wind block.
Yes, that's green gravy. Ahem. Interesting what you can eat when you put your mind to it. Ds2 made the gravy and was hoping to darken it with black food coloring... it turned greenish-gray instead. I cooked four yams and turned them into the yam and marshmallow dish I remembered from Mrs. So and So's. I don't think I'll try it again. I really prefer my yams baked with butter and a sprinkle of salt.
And last but not least, Pioneer Woman's Scrumptious Apple Pie. I didn't use her pie crust recipe, as it called for freezing it overnight. It was a delicious pie, although I'm not sure whether it was worth the extra calories. Seriously, I do feel that way about some foods, sometimes.
Until next time.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Our Christmas Dinner
Labels: Holiday Banter
Posted by RawMilkStar at 6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was a good dinner. I personally feel that the pie was the "pielight" of the dinner! LOL ROFL DOFL TAX PIELIGHT GET IT LOL LIKE HIGHLIGHT BUT WITH PIE AHHHHHAHAHAHAHHA LOL!
That looks like a yummy pie, wish I could've had a piece!
Post a Comment