Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Hair

ADDED NOTE: I forgot to give credit to the photographer for all the photos in this post. One Kevinsky Stewartsky. Thank you for your excellent photo taking skills, you will one day be as famous as Leonardo Da Vinci!

I never did get to report back on Saturday like I promised. I did finish the housecleaning that I'd planned to do, and got started with figuring out our finances. I got through one credit card statement. I worked for one more half hour on the veil. Then I got his hair-brained idea to thaw out a turkey to cook for today.

Speaking of hair, here's a couple shots of mine. It's gotten very long and it's Day 21 of No Poo. I'm still loving the experience, my hair still smells delicious. Very neat.

I probably need a trim at the bottom... probably a good six inches should be removed.

Around 4pm, suddenly it thundered and rain began pelting down. The wind blew very hard and rain poured down in all directions. This is a picture of the north side of our property.

Because I decided to make a turkey today, of course I had to put together a Thanksgiving dinner with at least SOME of the trimmings. When I got up this morning, after milking, I cut up and toasted the many day old bread cubes (I even used 2 bagels that were a week old), peeled potatoes, started my potato rolls and the turkey broth (using the neck, heart, gizzard and liver). We only had a few potatoes and so after church we stopped by to the store to get more. Of course that meant a family shopping excursion. We finally arrived home just after 2pm.

The turkey was a bit overdone. I immediately punched down the dough, formed the rolls and got them going on their second rise. Strained the broth from the turkey and added it to the broth I made on the stove and made gravy. And on and on. Point being, I never got back to our finances or working on the veil.

I snacked during the entire meal making process and really should have not eaten dinner at all, but fixed myself a plate anyway. I have not overeaten that badly in quite a long time, and I actually had to lie down I was so uncomfortable. :-( I got pretty sleepy around 6pm and fell asleep around 6:30 or so. I'm up now because I slept for three hours and it was like taking an afternoon nap. I got up to email my friend about my hair appointment next week. I hope she'll be available next Sunday so we can get together to see what she can do with my hair for the wedding.

I haven't been doing much wedding stuff, aside from the veil. Not even reading books or putting together the program. I need to recommit myself to the process and get a time line written out.

I did manage to get some knitting in today! On the way to and from church. I grabbed this skein and my homemade wooden needles and started as we left the driveway. Good thing I have a second skein as this came out too short. I will probably bring it with me and finish in the next day or so. I used to sell my scarves on the Internet with some friends but that only lasted a couple of years before everyone lost interest. I tried to keep it going, and the front page can still be seen, but the store itself is no longer available. It was like my baby, it was the first shopping cart I've ever done... it is probably for the best. Rest in peace, baby. So I thought maybe I will look into Etsy to see about selling all these scarves I have on hand. I have at least a dozen, if not more. I have read that other knitters find scarf making to be totally boring. But I like knitting scarves. No pressure. No worry about gauge, am I knitting too tight or too loose? No remembering patterns. Just knit, knit, knit, knit. These two skeins were on clearance at Michael's for FORTY cents each. I wish I'd bought more, but I hadn't thought of trying Etsy. I have been trying to avoid buying yarn because I have plenty in my stash. But who can pass up at least a couple of skeins when they are marked down to FORTY cents? I also got eight skeins of baby blue furry type yarn to make a baby blanket. For who, I don't yet know. But it is going to be so soft! I was going to start on that today, but realized the pattern was for crochet. That would be fine, but it is so furry I think it will be disastrous trying to crochet with it. If I do a swatch gauge I should be able to figure out how to knit it.

It's now 11pm. I had better get back to bed. What's that? My stomach seems to indicate hunger. Sometimes when I can't sleep it is because my blood sugar level dropped. Eventually I'll feel hungry like I do now. I think I'll have a tall cold glass of chocolate goat's milk and hop back into bed.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one fine picture! Wow! My compliments to the photographer! He is the next Da Vinci!

bfmomma said...

I've heard wonderful things about Etsy!